MFA, RYT 200, SEA
With over two decades of experience in education and movement instruction, Elaine Wang is extremely passionate about bringing health, wellness, and creativity to underserved populations. Wang received her BA in Dance from UCLA after spending one year at The Juilliard School, an MFA in Dance from NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts, a Physical Education Credential from UCLA, a 200 hour yoga certification from YogaWorks, and a Social Emotional Arts Certification from UCLArts and Healing Program.
Wang has taught for a wide range of organizations in Los Angeles and New York City with students ranging from toddlers to senior citizens. These organizations include Los Angeles Unified School District, California Institute of the Arts, Brooklyn Arts Exchange, Liz Lerman Dance Exchange, Community Coalition, Balance By Nature, amongst others. Her mastery in curriculum development coupled with her expertise in dance, yoga, tai chi, and qigong give her a unique set of skills in creating wellness programs.
Having worked with thousands of individuals with diverse physical and emotional needs and in various stages of life, Wang has gathered invaluable insights and experiences that have led her to create In-Dwell Health & Wellness in 2013. In-Dwell is home to wellness programs that optimize the lives of full-time caregivers as well as employees who work in corporate settings. For more information on this program, please visit in-dwell.com.
Since the creation of In-Dwell, Wang’s pride and joy has been coaching patients through fertility treatment(s). From 2014-2021, Elaine served alongside Dr. David Diaz at West Coast Fertility Centers as the head of the wellness program. She is also the creator of Fertility Fit Kit, an online mind-body wellness course created to address the specific needs of women undergoing IVF and egg freezing. In 2021, Elaine founded IVF Care Coach where she currently continues to serve women undergoing fertility treatment (s).
What are my core values?
- You are heard and valued. You have a safe space for your thoughts and feelings without judgment.
- You are not broken or a failure but a whole beautiful human being.
- You have a customized wellness plan that works for you.
- You are given tools to de-stress, relax, and find resilience. It’s unfair to keep hearing “Just Relax” from others without being given any solutions other than take a vacation or just don’t worry about it.
- I believe 100% if you desire to be a parent, you’ll be one. It’s just a matter of how and when.
- If there’s pregnancy, labor, and postpartum care, it’s invaluable to have someone to support you during conception via IVF.
What makes me unique?
- I’m creative. I’ve taught in stirrups before :)
- I love making a sterile clinic and operating room feel safe and inviting.
- I’ve tested and refined best practices for IVF on myself and hundreds of other patients.
- I have the ability to listen and talk about the difficult, the dark, the shameful, and the vulnerable. I’ll also share tools to help you manage these loaded thoughts and emotions.
- I have experience working with a variety of physiological conditions: PCOS, endometriosis, metabolic issues, diabetes, autoimmune disease, etc…
- I’m a blend of methodical and intuitive. We’ll create a wellness plan in a structured but relaxed and playful way.
- I’m a curriculum specialist. I’ve had over 20 years experience in curriculum design.
- I’m calm under stress and pressure. Sometimes a day at the fertility clinic feels like a telenovela!
- I’ve had many collaborative partnerships with the sciences. I performed in a dance company that worked with the Human Genome Project (funded by the MacArthur Award), created a dance with a physicist from Caltech about protein folding (won the Department of Energy Award), and now work as a wellness coach for patients using Assisted Reproductive Technology.
- I’m a balance between East and West. I’ve a deep appreciation for Western Medicine but my background in dance, yoga, meditation, qigong, and tai chi give me an archive of additional tools and perspectives to serve others.